Friday, October 14, 2011

The Day I Became Annoyed With Blogspot

The new slideshow feature is horrible.  If we can't kill it with fire, then Google (Blogger) needs to take it back.  They should not upset their content farm providers.

The typewriters are unhappy as well.  Especially the ones with the itty, bitty typefaces.

I will restate the typecast below so that it shows up on search engines:  today I am as annoyed with Blogspot as I am with Facebook.  The latter is down to 2 visits a week after the last arbitrary feed changes.  Just saying...


UPDATED ALREADY:  I dug around in the user forums and found a way out that did not exist an hour ago.  I went back to the my Blogger Dashboard to the Settings.  Lo and behold, a new pull down had magically appeared that allows me to turn off the Lightbox "feature".  The arbitrary and automatic application of "Yes" was annoying to say the least.

I will still leave this typecast up for posterity. The typewriters appear to be happy again.

3 comments:

  1. I hate this lightbox feature, too, and I've undone it right then when I found the solution on "Blogger Buzz". I think it's really unpleasant that Blogger changes our Blogs without asking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea. I've corrected my own blog and the Typosphere as well. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can turn off lightbox??? My prayers have been answered!!! Off to make the necessary amendment.

    ReplyDelete

Dang. My blog was hit by Spam comments. Comment moderation has been turned on for some time yet to be determined.